Sunday, October 18, 2009

Coon Heights

Yesterday morning, Gracie and I dropped Dylan off at my Mom's and headed up the mountian to Coon Heights. A few years back, my dear friend, Jenny bought a house in Lake Arrowhead and I'm ebarrased to say that this is the first time we've visited. Jenny , being the awesome host that she is, held a mini JPL reunion for a group of us that used to work together.

Unfotunately, Gabriel had to work and I really didn't want to miss the chance to see everyone so I mustered up the courage to drive Gracie and I up the mountain. To say this was nerve wracking would be a huge understatement. Let's just say that I get anxiety driving over large overpasses! When we exited the freeway I made sure to call my mom and Gabriel to tell them that if they didn't hear from me in an hour to send out the troops! So there I went, sweaty palms, racing heart and country music playing. Ha, I couldn't take my hands off the wheel to put a CD in!!

The good news is that is wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. As long as I didn't look down, I was pretty much OK. Before I knew it though, we were there. I definitely needed a drink as soon as I arrived, but that's nothing new anyway ;)

It was a fabulous day seeing everyone and catching up. Jenny has the most amazing home with a bi-level deck surrounded my trees. Can you believe it actually looked like fall? Before we headed down to the lake, we all had to follow a Coon Heights tradition and everyone painted their hands and put their prints on the wall in Jenny's office.

Gracie leaving her mark.


He spent the rest of the afternoon down by the lake. We all went on a few boat rides and the girls even swam in the lake. Miss Lily and Miss Gracie. New buddies, for sure! These two girls were having the time of their lives since Jenny was crazy enough to let them actually drive the boat.

Me and my old boss, Tara. I'd work for this lady again in a heartbeat!!


Miss Jenny Coon, herself! AMAZING!!!

Me, Tara and Tony


Some of the greatest people I've ever worked with. I feel so blessed that we're all still friends and keep in touch. From the bottom left: Tara, Tony, Paula, Teresa, Jenny and me.

Cheers to a fabulous day, with fabulous friends!

1 comment:

Patsy said...

My JPL friends were the best and I'm glad to see that you still stay in contact with those friends you made too.