Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thankful Thursday

When the alarm goes off at 5:20 AM each morning, I usually slam my hand on it cursing and complaining that I have to get up and wish that I could just stay home. Well when I finish going through all the motions of each morning's routine and walk my dragging butt into work I realize how lucky I am to swipe by badge and swagger into such a ridiculously cool place. I walk in wearing my standard attire of a tank top, jeans and flip flops. This morning I was greated to the sounds of the Rolling Stones over the loud speakers as I walked up the steps and when I opened my email I saw that Juliet Lewis and her band would be performing here this afternoon. Usually 2-3 times a month we have a band come in and perform for us on stage in the middle of the building. Since I've been here my favorites have been

The Used
Silverspun Pickups
Alkaline Trio
Apocalyptica
Cute is what we aim for
And now my alltime favorite is Juliette Lewis! She was so awesome!!

So, needless to say I'm extremely thankful that I get to do what I set out to do in my career and at a place that is so freakin' awesome!

Here's me, my coworker Reza, and Miss Lewis!

And here's me with Jordin Sparks last year.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, so cool! Glad you love your job. However, I don't think it matters how much you love it, when the alarm goes off so freaking early- it sucks! I know!

Patsy said...

Enjoy your life is good moments, they are the best!