Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Gracie!

Four years ago today my life changed forever. I welcomed you into my world with open arms and an open heart. What I didn't know before that day was how incomplete my life was without you. After 20 long grueling hours of labor I wanted nothing more than to meet you. I was excited, nervous, even scared but the minute I heard that first cry I was so overwhelmed with joy that all the nerves went away. For nine months I wondered what you would look like, what you would sound like and as soon as I layed eyes on you I couldn't have pictured you anyway else. You had the most beautiful lips and your Mommy's chin. You fit perfectly in my arms and I knew at that exact moment that you'd forever be your Mommy's little girl.

Now, fours years later you've grown into a beautiful girl. You're funny, crazy, sassy, smart and so darn cute. You look so much like your Daddy, but have so much of my personality. You definintely give your Daddy and I a run for our money. You know what you want and aren't happy until you get it! I must say that as much as your temper gets me going, I also love that you have such a strong will. I hope that I do my job as your Mom in directing you how to use that will in the most positive way.
.
My Gracie lu, you're my little BFF, my sidekick. I love nothing more than to hang out with you. You have no idea how much my heart mealts each and every time you stop to tell me you love me. Or how I'll drop everything when you want to cuddle. I love that you've become an awesome big sister. You take such care of your little brother and I've seen a whole new part of you. I treasure the little things about you and hold on to each and every one of them becuase these years seem to by flying by. I pray so much that as you grow we'll continue to be so very close and keep the bond that we have today because when you're 10, 15, 25, and 40 you'll still always and forever be your Mommy's little girl!

Your Birth Day!
1st Birthday
2nd Birthday
3rd Birthday
4th Birthday
And here's some pictures that I think help sum up your four years.
Happy 4th Birthday Lu Lu!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure if it's the pregnancy hormones but that was a tear jerker. I love my Gracie Lu. Happy Birthday!!!

Love,
Nina

Patsy said...

That was an awesome message to your daughter. Talk about touching hearts, my daughter writing that to her daughter. There's nothing better in life than being a mom, I wish now I would have know what it was like to have a son but two of you have been blessed. So far Gracie keeps the crown as our little Princess, I love her soooooooooooo much!

Bianca Flores-Cervantes said...

Jules, What a beautiful message you have written for Grace. You are a wonderful mommy and as long as you continue to do your best, she will adore you for it. I am so happy I have been able to share all five of her birthdays with both of you! :) Love you guys! b.

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Gracie! Love all the cute pictures! I think Macy is going to be a strong-willed girl too. :)