Monday, June 22, 2009

New Obsession

OK, so I decided quite a while ago that I was going to attempt to make all of Dylan's baby food. I know a few people whove done it successfully and all their kids seems to love veggies so much more as they turn into toddlers. Dylan's babysitter told me yesterday that I needed to start sending more cereal cause my little guy is HUNGRY! So instead, I decided it was time to make him some food. I stopped at the market and bought a sweet potato, yellow squash, pears and peaches. I started with the sweet potato. I put in in the steamer, tossed it in the Magic Bullet and....MAGIC!!! Fresh, homemade baby food that's quite delish I might add :) I bought one tray of Baby Cubes which you can put the food in and freeze. It was $10 though, so I just used regular ice cubes trays for the rest. I'm obsessed!! I wanted to puree everything in the fridge!

My new LOVE, The Magic Bullet. My mom bought this for us two Christmas's ago and I barely brought it out. This bad boy won't see the darkness of the pantry for a LONG LONG time. I even made my morning smoothie in it today. 100x better than the blender! I heart you, my new little friend :)

YAY for sweet potatos!

My happy boy waiting for a taste test! He loves his new high chair. Thanks Grandma Patsy!

3 comments:

KathyL said...

Oh I heart my Magic Bullet too. I just wish it was bigger. Those little baby food trays look like the tiny glad ware containers on a tray ;) $10 for that? They always have to make money on us!!

Bianca Flores-Cervantes said...

YAY! You did it!!! I want one . . . magic bullet that is!

Tracy said...

I want to try a smoothie form the Magic Bullet!