Tuesday, June 16, 2009

T-ball

And it begins....

As all of you who read this know for the past 15 years or so my family's life has revolved around softball. Now, I kind of resented this as a kid since I was THE ONLY one who didn't play, but now as a Mom I'm totally looking forward to spending my days at the field.

Last night was Gracie's first day of T-ball practice. She's playing with the Rancho Cucamonga Pee Wee league on a co-ed team. She's on a team with Jacob, Mandi's son, and Cole, another boy from her class so she's super excited about that. Best of all, she's a Dodger!

I was so happy that she actually paid attention and wasn't in the back picking the grass :) They had her on first base and she was loving that. All kids have their parent playing the position with them, since they are only three afterall and just them on the field would be insane! She loves when it's her turn to hit and she's doing well at bat.

Now...if someone could just teach my poor girl how not to run like "Phoebe"!!




5 comments:

Patsy said...

Jules, please correct your blog to give dad and I the credit. Mels started at age 8, that would make 20 years straight of softball! Love, Mom

Melissa said...

Cute pictures! I can't wait for weekends full of baseball games.

KathyL said...

Oh I love it. They start them out young in Rancho. She even has a pink bat and glove, Ryan will be so jealous ;)

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh I love her stance! She looks so seriously into it! Careful though, the Vargas fam might slip her a soccer ball!

Bianca said...

I can't wait 'til we get to watch Grace play ... GO DODGERS! I am sure Jonah will be very pleased to hear Gracie is into the same sport he is! He will be happy to show her some of his moves! (wink-wink!)