Monday, June 8, 2009

Weekend Fun

It was nice to actually stay local this weekend after spending the last two weekends in Havasu. Saturday, after getting rained out at a birthday party, we headed over to my parents house to see how my dad was doing. He had surgery on his rotator cuff and he was recovering pretty darn good. Since the weather cleared up, we decided to take the kids to Early California Days (the church carnival). As you can see, my little daredevil had a blast going on the big kid rides and was not happy when it was time to go.


About a month and a half ago my mom and I bought sewing machines. I've always wanted to learn how to sew but I never thought that it was even remotely possible. Anyhow, there was a great deal on Joanns.com and when my mom said she was getting one, I said what the heck and got one too. So on Sunday, my Auntie Mary (the sew master) invited us over to teach us how to work these beasts. I'm proud to say that with the help of her and my Grandma (the teacher's aide) I have mastered my machine! Quite frankly I am feeling pretty damn sewtastic!! I completed one whole project there and am almost done with a second.

Thanks Auntie Mary and Grandma for an awesome Sunday!


No comments: